It’s not that I don’t love you. It’s the sound I heard when I was 9 and my father slammed the front door so hard behind him I swear to god it shook the whole house. For the next 3 years I watched my mother break her teeth on vodka bottles. I think she stopped breathing when he left. I think part of her died. I think he took her heart with him when he walked out. Her chest is empty, just a shattered mess or cracked ribs and depression pills.
It’s not that I don’t love you. It’s all the blood in the sink. It’s the night that I spent 12 hours in the emergency room waiting to see if my sister was going to be okay, after the boy she loved, told her he didn’t love her anymore. It’s the crying, and the fluorescent lights, and white sneakers and pale faces and shaky breaths and blood. So much blood.
It’s not that I don’t love you. It’s the time that I had to stay up for two days straight with my best friend while she cried and shrieked and threw up on my bedroom floor because her boyfriend fucked his ex. I swear to god she still has tear streaks stained onto her cheeks. I think when you love someone, it never really goes away.
It’s not that I don’t love you. It’s the six weeks we had a substitute in English because our teacher was getting divorced and couldn’t handle getting out of bed. When she came back was smiling. But her hands shook so hard when she held her coffee, you could see that something was broken inside. And sometimes when things break, you can’t fix them. Nothing ever goes back to how it was. I got an A in English that year. I think her head was always spinning too hard to read any essays.
It’s not that I don’t love you. It’s that I do.
main goals when going to a friends house:
-don’t clog toilet
When they were built in the 1970s these two gleaming Ohio malls were symbols of the boom years in the U.S., and their wide walkways were filled with shoppers.
Now the verdant foliage that decorated them has died off and the fountains inside are dry as store after store deserted the out-of-town malls.
The demise of the Rolling Acres and and Randall Park Mall have been documented by photographer Seph Lawless, who remembers visiting them when he was a child and even had his first job at one of the them.
Last of Us?
whenever i watch a show with my family i like to throw in bits of trivia about the writers, actors, original script… that sort of thing
they’re never as awed as they should be tbh
Pick your top 5 shows/fandoms (don’t cheat!)
4. How I Met Your Mother
1. What is your favorite character in 2?
Shawn, no doubt. Lame to pick the main character, but oh well.
2. Who is your least favorite character in 1?
Tara Reid’s character is the first to come to mind. Maybe Drew from the last season, too? It’s been a while since I saw that season, but for some reason I don’t remember liking him.
3. What’s your favorite episode of 4?
Just kidding. Fuck that. I really don’t know what my favourite would be.
4. What’s your favorite season of 5?
Probably the first or second, since they still had the original cast, though they handled the rest of the seasons pretty well with the lineup changes.
5. What’s your favorite relationship in 3?
Changler and Joey. No doubt. Possibly Chandler and Monica for runner-up.
6. Who is your anti relationship in 2?
There isn’t exactly a whole lot of relationshipping going on in the show, romantic or otherwise.
7. How long have you watched 1?
I saw a few episodes before watching it seriously, but I think I finally started from the beginning around 2007.
8. How did you become interested in 3?
It was on TV. All the time.
9. Who is your favorite actor in 2?
James Roday and Dule Hill both get equal amounts of love.
10. Which show do you prefer 1, 2 or 5?
Beyonce and Jay Z piloting a jaeger. I saw this post today and it SANG to me. BECAUSE LOOK AT THEM.
and now here’s several thoughts that went through my head as I was drawing:
- Kanye visits sometimes and plays drift-connect-four with B. it’s like classic connect-four except impossibly hard to beat your opponent because you know each others’ moves at all times. you have to trick your opponent by thinking of one move and doing another for EVERY TURN. it’s fun.
- When they’ve locked into place, they make their jaeger do the Roc before every battle, similar to this.
- Their helmets are that large so B’s hair could fit in without cramping it/accommodate her different hairstyles.
- Because Beyonce is Beyonce, she pilots two jaegers. This one, and a triple-drift with Kelly and Michelle. It’s mango-yellow with pink highlights, kick’s ass, and is aptly named Boo-T-licious.
- Somewhere back at base, Blue Ivy and North West are pilots-in-training. :D
oops sorry long post I JUST HAVE A LOT OF FEELS ABOUT THESE TWO IN A JAEGER. <3